Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

There are a lot of bloggers out in the Internets that do this Monday post. Being that meal planning is my "thing" I decided I should really get on the bandwagon and do this too. Not to mention that I am the worst blogger ever since I never update my blog. I think it's because each week I'm writing my newsletter for my weekly subscribers and that often takes all my energy and I've got no time to blog. I sort of feel as if the newsletter is like a blog, even though I try to not write in first person and it's not too personal. I should use the blog more often to write more about what's cooking with me personally and with the business.

Anyway, let's not get off track.

Our schedule recently changed with the start of soccer for the older daughter and new gymnastics class for the little one. Not that it wasn't a busy schedule already, but the nights and times have changed and in the transition to this I've been off track with a few more nights eating take out food than I care for. Monday is going to be the toughest with gymnastics and then straight to soccer. Today is the first day of this. It happens to be no school too, but I'm thinking a big snack in the afternoon and either a pre-cooked and ready to re-heat dinner or using the crock pot so we can eat when we return home from soccer.


Monday- Easy Slow Cooker Chili from my friend Savour. I don't usually fix a side dish with chili, with the exception of corn bread. I can't get into having a salad with it or a vegetable dish. I feel like the beans and diced tomatoes provide some fiber and vitamins. Plus a bowl or 2 of chili with cheese and sour cream (my personal preference) is filling enough.

Tuesday- Glazed Pork chops, oven roasted asparagus and fingerling potatoes

Wednesday- Happy St. Patrick's Day! Corned beef w/ cabbage, potatoes and vegetables (I'm the only one in the house who eats the cabbage and cooked carrots, so I usually include green beans or something too). Plus Irish Soda bread. I'm really excited to finally make the local, grass fed corned beef brisket that I got with my other beef.

Thursday- Chicken and Yakisoba noodle stir fry

Friday- Crispy pork tacos, chips and guacamole. 2 weeks ago I slow cooked a pork shoulder roast and froze the unused portion, this is another busy night so I can defrost it all day and then quickly fry it up for tacos (or nachos if the mood strikes).

Saturday- This is an eat out or get take out night.

Sunday- Homemade Manicotti, BLT salad

Have a good week!

(Let's hope I actually keep this blog updated)

No comments:

Post a Comment