Saturday, February 8, 2014

Breakfast

Homemade Honey Nut Granola
Potato and Vegetable Hash

I've been busily posting each week over at Mama Bootcamp and decided this week to post here with a longer post devoted to a topic I don't think I've written about very much, breakfast.  Since lately my posts have been handy lists of recipes for you to reference, it was about time I compiled some breakfast recipes.  My focus is usually on what can be made ahead and easy for a grab and go breakfast on busy mornings.

Breakfast Burritos- I make these on a regular basis, usually like 15-20 of them and they last us for a few weeks because in my house everyone needs variety and so they don't get eaten every day.  Burritos are a great vehicle for veggies in the morning, the possibilities for the fillings are endless. 

Banana Muffins- This is a healthy muffin that includes extra protein and fiber and it's vegan.  But it's sweet and moist and delicious.  Sometimes I make them in my mini muffin pan as that size it more realistic for my younger ones to eat.

Morning Maple Cranberry Pecan Oat Bars- This fantastic bar is full of great things for you to start your day; a wonderful combination of protein and whole grains.  Super easy to make and they can be frozen too.

Honey Nut Granola- After many attempts to make granola and not really loving the results, I found a recipe that was very simple, low fat and delicious.  I love it on yogurt, or eaten like cereal with milk.

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins- This is a good low fat muffin.  It's also very simple to make, you could easily make them on a weekend morning, enjoy one and have the rest throughout the week.

Strawberry Baked Oatmeal- Another recipe where you can easily adapt it for other fruits or flavorings.  Baked oatmeal re-heats wonderfully.

Potato and Vegetable Hash- And here is a recipe for when you have a little time to cook.  But you could actually make a large pan of the hash and reheat leftovers.  Or use this as burrito fillings.

Give these recipes a try and let me know what you think.  They are all great options for starting out your day.  I'm sure I will add more recipes to this list in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment