Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (on Tuesday)

I didn't post last week.  We basically ate leftovers from the holiday; bbq chicken, corn on the cob with a few other odds and ends thrown in.  Then I traveled out of town with my oldest for a girls' weekend.  We had a lot of fun.  Returning late on Sunday night, I had a list running through my head of what I should make this week.  I've got some changes coming that I have to prepare for and will post more on that later.  So this will be short and sweet for now.

Monday- I grilled shrimp that I seasoned with this delicious Thai coconut rub from Two Spicy Ladies which is local to me.  I found it at my farmer's market.  I also grilled two pieces of Ahi Tuna, which I get frozen at Costco.  It comes in a bag with individually wrapped pieces.  It's pretty good when marinated (I did garlic, tamari and a little teriyaki) but I don't usually sear it to stay rare in the middle like I would with a nice fresh piece, it was cooked all the way through.  I also grilled some asparagus and boiled some edemmame.

Tuesday- Grilled Chicken tacos.  No recipe, I just season the chicken with taco seasoning (I happen to use Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning) grill them and then we'll have the usual taco fixings.

Wednesday- Turkey lettuce wraps- Butter lettuce is scheduled for my produce box, so I'm going to stir fry some ground turkey with vegetables and serve it with lettuce leaves and some sweet chili sauce.  Very healthy, very little fat.

Thursday- Grilled Pork Tenderloin, but I'm using method 1 from my Grilled Pork Chops recipes.  Plus some grilled zucchini and I might just actually make a salad.

Friday- Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Glaze and Vegetable Stir Fry.

Saturday- I'm going use leftover grilled chicken to eat it with salad.

Sunday- Company coming so I plan to grill steaks along with zucchini, onions and make a caprese salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment